About Florin GEORGESCU LL.M, CIPP/E, CDPO
A seasoned Privacy and Data Protection legal professional, active in the fascinating world of data protection and privacy law, with over 10-year experience in both public and private sectors within the EU area, he is specialized in guiding GDPR implementation, data protection audits, and all things connected to the EU wide privacy and data protection legal requirements. Florin has joined Excellium as lead legal privacy expert in August 2017.
With a tailored educational background with a LLM in International and European Law (Privacy and Data Protection Law specialization) and a Bachelor in International Law, Florin provides counsel, guidance and leads legal consultancy projects on achieving and maintaining compliance of businesses, processes and practices, with the current privacy-related laws and regulations within the EU and globally, advises on legal mechanisms for the cross-border transfers of personal data from the EU to third countries (BCRs, SCCs for controllers/processors, Privacy Shield) and finally, but not lastly, assists clients achieving legal compliance with Regulation (EU) 679/2016 (GDPR), drafting procedures, tools, norms, guidelines and other relevant data privacy documentation on non-compliance and remedial actions.
- Regulation 45/2001, Directive 95/46, Directive 2002/58, Directive 2009/136. Regulation 679/2016;
- Advising on legal compliance with the EU Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR);
- Risk analysis and mitigation of risks (DPIAs);
- Records for data processing activities;
- Procedures, guidelines related to data privacy documentation on non-compliance and remedial actions;
- Procedures for managing data subject requests and data breach notifications to resolution;
- Third-party risks management through due-diligence and contractual safeguards (SCCs);
- Guidance to business decision-makers on issues and development of risk mitigation strategies and legal compliance;
- Privacy and data protection awareness training, courses and webinars to businesses.
- CDPO – Certified Data Protection Officer
- Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), EU
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), USA
- British Business & Communication Research Center, Romania
- MBA – Management & Business Administration Certificate
- CIPP/E – Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe – GDPR