ISO27005 RISK MANAGER
|Duration: 3 days|
This three day intensive course participants develop the competence to master the basic risk management elements related to all assets of relevance for information security using the ISO/IEC 27005:2011 standard as a reference framework. Based on practical exercises and case studies, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform an optimal information security risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle. During this training, we will also present other risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and Harmonized TRA. This training fits perfectly with the implementation process of the ISMS framework in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard.
Introduction, risk management program according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Concepts and definitions related to risk management
- Risk management standards, frameworks and methodologies
- Implementation of an information security risk management program
- Understanding an organization and its context
Risk identification and assessment, risk evaluation, treatment, acceptance, communication and surveillance according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk assessment with a quantitative method
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Information Security Risk Communication and Consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
Overview of other information security risk assessment methods and Certification Exam
- Presentation of OCTAVE method
- Presentation of MEHARI method
- Presentation of EBIOS method
- Presentation of Harmonized TRA method
To understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing an effective risk management according to ISO/IEC 27005 To interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 on information security risk management To understand the relationship between the information security risk management, the security controls and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization To acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing information security risk management program according to ISO/IEC 27005 To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in information security risk management.
Knowledge on Risk Management and Information Security is preferred.
WHAT IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE ?
- Risk managers
- Member of the information security team
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization
- Staff implementing or seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
|Duration: 3 days|