ISO27001 LEAD IMPLEMENTER
|Duration: 5 days|
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO/IEC 27002. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001; Initiating an ISMS
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the standards ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 27002 and ISO 27003 and regulatory framework
- Fundamental principles of Information Security
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the level of the maturity level of an existing information security management system based on ISO 21827
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of an ISMS
Planning the implementation of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Defining the scope of an ISMS
- Development of an ISMS and information security policies
- Selection of the approach and methodology for risk assessment
- Risk management: identification, analysis and treatment of risk (drawing on guidance from ISO/IEC 27005
- Drafting the Statement of Applicability
Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Design of controls and writing procedures
- Implementation of controls
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the information security
- Incident management (based on guidance from ISO 27035)
- Operations management of an ISMS
Controlling, monitoring,measuring and improving an ISMS; certification audit of the ISMS
- Controlling and Monitoring the ISMS
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards in accordance with ISO 27004
- ISO/IEC 27001 internal Audit
- Management review of an ISMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit
The exam consists of essay-type questions. During the examination participants may use all PECB provided documentation plus their own course notes but will not be permitted to use any computer, laptop or any other electronic device. The exam lasts 3 hours. Minimum passing score: 70%.
To understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001 To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an Information Security Management System To understand the relationship between the components of an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining an ISMS as specified in ISO/IEC 27001 To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/IEC 27001 To develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of information security To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of information security management.
Basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 is recommended.
WHAT IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE ?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- ISO/IEC 27001 auditors who wish to fully understand the Information Security Management System implementation process
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security team
- Expert advisors in information technology
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an information security function or for an ISMS project management function
|Duration: 5 days|